Wilderness First Aid for Women
2 Day Certification Course
About the Wilderness First Aid Certification Course
As an optional addition to the Women, Wilderness & Whitewater trip, MedTreks is offering an official “Wilderness First Aid Certification” hosted by the Adventure Medicine & Utah Wilderness Medicine. This is a 2 day, 16 hour course with lecture and hands-on skills taught by women instructors with extensive medical and back country experience.
Patient assessment in the wilderness, injuries, hot & cold illnesses, wounds & burns, medical kits, patient carries and basic wilderness safety & rescue principles.
What Participants Will Learn
- Patient assessment in remote settings
- Splinting of basic injuries
- Wound care and dressings
- Understanding need to evacuate
- Signs of a spinal cord injury
- Treatment and prevention of bites and stings
- Understanding heat and cold challenges
- Understanding altitude illness, drowning and lightning injuries
Upon successful completion, students will receive certification in Wilderness First Aid and Adult CPR. Accredited for Nursing CEUs by MedTreks with the core curriculum by Wilderness Medical Associates.
Location & Time:
May 18th & 19th, 2022
Includes: 16 hrs of lecture over 2 days with course materials.
Excludes: lodging & meals