Tahoe Wilderness First Aid (WFA) Certification
Wilderness First Aid Course
Join us for a Wilderness First Aid (WFA) certification course in Tahoe this April. This hybrid course is designed for adventure enthusiasts who want to learn more about wilderness first aid, mountain rescue & safety…it will be a fun, hands-on learning weekend with lots of practice with practical skills that you can take anywhere in the world. Join us in Tahoe!
- Learn outdoor and Wilderness First Aid skills you can take on any adventure!
- Practice hands-on Wilderness First Aid with experienced and friendly instructors
- Earn you WFA (Wilderness First Aid Certification)
- Gain access to online Wilderness First Aid modules and learn some of the material at your own pace
- Network with other travel and outdoor adventure enthusiasts
- Spend the weekend at a cozy boutique hotel centrally-located between the world-class slopes of Palisades Tahoe
This course is designed for anyone who loves spending time in the outdoors. You do not have to be a medical professional for this course.
*** Nurses can obtain up to 16 CEUs for this course ($95 fee applies)
Dates: April 22nd & 23rd, 2023
This WFA Hybrid course requires approximately 8+ hours of online course work. Following the completion of the online material a student will be eligible to attend the ~10 hours of hands on training. After taking this course you will be familiar with some of the most common backcountry problems.
Upon course completion, students will earn both the WFA and CPR/BLS plus AED certifications, which are valid for two years.
Hybrid Wilderness First Aid Certification
April 22nd & 23rd, 2023
2 Day Wilderness First Aid Certification Course
The materials below above are covered via didactic lecture, small group discussion, practical skills sessions, and live scenarios. Each topic will describe pathology, treatment, prevention, and provide evacuation guidelines necessary for high quality patient care. This curriculum is continually reviewed for best practice and the most up to date guidelines.
- Patient Assessment Scene Review, Primary Survey, Secondary Survey
- Bleeding and Shock
- Abdominal and Chest Injuries
- Wound and Burn Management (including bandaging)
- Fractures & Dislocations, Improvised Splinting
- Head and Spine Injuries, Spinal Immobilization
- Near Drowning
- Lightning Injuries and Prevention
- Heat-Related Illness
- Medical Problems in the Wilderness
- Bites and Stings
- Hypothermia & Cold-Related Illness/Injury
- Evacuation Guidelines
- Water Disinfection and Hydration
- Improvised Litters & Carries
Upon course completion, students will earn both the WFA and CPR/BLS plus AED certifications, which are valid for two years. Accredited for Nursing CEUs by MedTreks with the core curriculum by AdventureMed.
Our Wilderness First Aid course is designed to provide an individual with an introduction to wilderness medicine and the basic skills to treat the most common injuries and illnesses encountered in the wilderness. This program is appropriate for entry level professional guides and other non-medical people who want some basic understanding of wilderness medicine.
Dates & Prices
Dates: April 22nd & 23rd, 2023
*** Registration Closed
Cost: $285 for 2 day Hybrid Wilderness First Aid Course
*** $95 fee for 16 nursing CEUs
- Welcome package and gift bag
- 2 day Hybrid Wilderness First Aid Instruction by professional instructors
- WFA Certification upon Course Completion