Patagonia CME Hiking Tour
Global Health, Wilderness & Travel Medicine
From dramatic landscapes and breathtaking vistas, to unique cultures and vast biodiversity, discover the best of Chile & Argentina Patagonia! This trip combines an 8 day trekking tour through Patagonia with luxury lodges and Wilderness & Travel Medicine CME education.
- Start your adventure in the incredible city of Buenos Aires
- Explore the best hiking trails of Torres del Paine National Park
- Visit the region’s most stunning glaciers, like Perito Moreno and Grey Glacier
- Marvel at the iconic silhouette of Mount Fitz Roy
- Experience the scenic trails around Laguna Torre
- Stay in the world’s first geodesic dome hotel EcoCamp Patagonia
- End each day with good company in luxury, boutique lodging
- Connect with nature in one of the last pure and wild landscapes in the world
12 Category 1 CME units available & Up to 20 CEUs for this Mountain Medicine Seminar
While this is a CME adventure and cultural course, loved ones and family members are welcome to join in and listen to the lectures, and even participate in the skills workshops if they are interested!
February 15th-23rd, 2023
Join us for an unforgettable hiking trip through the stunning mountains and glaciers of Chilean and Argentinean Patagonia.
This is your chance to experience the epic natural beauty of Patagonia. Thisadventure will take you through Los Glaciares National Park in Argentina and Torres del Paine National Park in Chile, two of the world’s most iconic mountain landscapes. Along the way, you’ll spot South America’s most majestic animals in their natural habitat – condors, guanacos and possibly pumas – walk amongst dense forests and pristine landscapes, and enjoy mesmerizing views of the peaks of mountains towering more than 6,000 meters above sea level.
Patagonia CME Hiking Tour Wilderness & Travel Medicine
Welcome to Patagonia’s EcoCamp! The World’s 1st Geodesic Dome Hotel.
This is our home for 3 nights. Many tours in Patagonia don’t get the unique opportunity to stay right in the center of Torres Del Paine National Park. We get to wake up to morning yoga with a view of sunrise over the snow covered peaks, spend the day exploring the spectacular Torres park with several different adventure opportunities and end the evening with a glass of wine and delicious food, in the company of new friends. We look forward to sharing this incredible place with you!
Over the past several years there has been an increase in international and wilderness travel adventures, particularly now post COVID-19 pandemic. As more people venture into remote settings, the likelihood of injuries and illness in these environments will increase. This course updates healthcare providers on core concepts and new advances in the fields of global health, and wilderness & travel medicine.
Cost & Dates
February 15th-23rd, 2023
$6,995 (based on double occupancy)
CME Fee: $695
- 1 night Sofitel Buenos Aires
- Welcome Dinner & Tango Dinner Show in Buenos Aires
- 3 nights in EcoCamp’s Suite Domes, Torres del Paine National Park
- 2 nights at Hotel Los Cerros (or similar), El Chaltén
- 2 night at Hotel Mirador Del Lago (or similar), El Calafate
- All EcoCamp Patagonia excursions as indicated in the itinerary
- All private transport included
- English speaking professional guide for all excursions
- All national park entrance fees
- Boat tour of Grey Lake and/or Pehoe Lake
- Boat tour of Perito Moreno Glacier
- Wilderness & Travel Medicine Lectures & Skills
- Chile: Full board, including breakfast, box lunch on excursions and dinner (water or wine included at dinner)
- Argentina: Breakfast and Lunch/Box Lunch
What is excluded in the cost:
- International Airfare
- Roundtrip flight from Buenos Aires to El Calafete
- Soft drinks or snacks not served with meals at EcoCamp
- Dinners in Argentina
- Personal items
- Travel Insurance
- Guide gratuities