Patagonia CME Hiking Tour
Chile & Argentina Patagonia
From dramatic landscapes and breathtaking vistas, to unique cultures and vast biodiversity, discover the best of Chile & Argentina Patagonia! This trip combines an 8 day trekking tour through Patagonia with luxury lodges and Wilderness & Travel Medicine CME education.
- Explore the best hiking trails of Torres del Paine National Park
- Visit the region’s most stunning glaciers, like Perito Moreno and Grey Glacier
- Marvel at the iconic silhouette of Mount Fitz Roy
- Experience the scenic trails around Laguna Torre
- Stay in the world’s first geodesic dome hotel EcoCamp Patagonia
- End each day with good company in luxury, boutique lodging
- Connect with nature in one of the last pure and wild landscapes in the world
Obtain up to 24. 5 hrs of Category 1 CME!
Wilderness Medicine CME Course: Advanced Wilderness Life Support
This 8 day hiking journey combines Wilderness Medicine lectures and skills with an option of certifying in Advanced Wilderness Life Support
What is the Wilderness Advanced Life Support Certification?
A certification course designed for medical professionals who love adventuring in the outdoors, traveling and/or medical volunteering in remote settings. Learn hands-on medical skills that you can take anywhere in the world. Learn more HERE
Who is this Course For?
Physicians, Physician Assistances, Nurse Practitioners, RNs, Paramedics/EMTs
Can loved ones and non-medical guests attend?
Yes! We welcome friends, family and loved ones to attend.
February 7th-14th, 2023
Join us for an unforgettable hiking trip through the stunning mountains and glaciers of Chilean and Argentinean Patagonia.
This is your chance to experience the epic natural beauty of Patagonia. This adventure will take you through Los Glaciares National Park in Argentina and Torres del Paine National Park in Chile, two of the world’s most iconic mountain landscapes. Along the way, you’ll spot South America’s most majestic animals in their natural habitat – condors, guanacos and possibly pumas – walk amongst dense forests and pristine landscapes, and enjoy mesmerizing views of the peaks of mountains towering more than 6,000 meters above sea level.
View detailed day-to-day itinerary below:
Patagonia AWLS Itinerary
Welcome to Patagonia’s EcoCamp! The World’s 1st Geodesic Dome Hotel.
This is our home for 3 nights. Many tours in Patagonia don’t get the unique opportunity to stay right in the center of Torres Del Paine National Park. We get to wake up to morning yoga with a view of sunrise over the snow covered peaks, spend the day exploring the spectacular Torres park with several different adventure opportunities and end the evening with a glass of wine and delicious food, in the company of new friends. We look forward to sharing this incredible place with you!
This bucket-list adventure provides physicians, nurses, PAs/NPs with an opportunity to obtain up to 24 units of Category 1 CME for Wilderness Medicine. Medical professionals will earn a certification in Advanced Wilderness Life Support.
Lectures will be in a hybrid format with some online ahead of time and then some lectures in the early mornings with hands-on practice skills and scenarios throughout some of the adventures. It is an incredible way to combine outdoor recreation in a stunningly beautiful location with hands-on skills that you can take anywhere in the world.
Price & Dates
February 7th-14th, 2023
Full Price: $5,795 (based on double occupancy)
CME Fee: $695 for Category 1 CME
- 3 nights in EcoCamp’s Standard Domes, Torres del Paine National Park
- 2 nights at Hotel Los Senderos (or similar), El Chaltén
- 2 night at Hostería Los Hielos (or similar), El Calafate
- All EcoCamp Patagonia excursions as indicated in the itinerary
- From EcoCamp: all private transport included in excursions
- Transfer from Chile to Argentina
- Shared transfers and excursions in Argentina
- English speaking guide for all excursions
- All national park entrance fees
- Boat crossing ticket over Grey Lake and/or Pehoe Lake
- Nautical Safari to Perito Moreno Glacier
- Chile: Full board, including breakfast, box lunch on excursions and dinner (water or wine included at dinner)
- Argentina: Breakfast and Lunch/Box Lunch
- AWLS Certification & CME as listed in itinerary
What is excluded in the cost:
- International Airfare
- Soft drinks or snacks not served with meals at EcoCamp
- Dinners in Argentina
- Personal items
- Travel Insurance
- Guide gratuities
Participants will be required to sign a standard liability release before the trip, acknowledging that there are risks associated with all types of travel and whitewater adventures.
Payment and Deposit:
A $100 non-refundable deposit is due at this time and will secure your place on the trip. The balance is due 90 days before departure. Once you register, we will send you a Patagonia Welcome Package and packing list to help you prepare for this adventure! For those taking the AWLS certification, we will be sending you all course material and online modules with digital course textbook upon registration.
There are two ways to pay for the trip:
- Credit Card via Registration on our Website: Medtreksinternational.com
- Mail in a check to: MedTreks International, PO BOX 781, Ashland, OR, 97520
For any trip or payment questions, please email us at: email@example.com