Galapagos CME Private Yacht Cruise
Join us on a private MedTreks chartered yacht trip exploring the spectacular archipelago of the Galapagos. In true MedTreks style – we have blended an incredible 8 day island hopping itinerary with an exclusive 16 person yacht, just for our group. Unquestionably the best place on earth for wildlife viewing, our private yacht along with our local and professional guide – will allow us to have intimate experiences with the unique flora and fauna that make the Galapagos Islands, a naturalist’s paradise. This is one of our featured trips for 2024, meaning it is one time special trip and only a few spots remain!
- Seven night cruise: 8 days, exploring 9 different Galapagos islands.
- Personalized Itinerary: Show up in Ecuador, we take care of the rest for you!
- Private Chartered Yacht: Avoid the crowds, sail through the archipelago on a first class vessel in the company of new friends! Our 16 person private yacht is a perfect opportunity to have an up close experience with the island life.
- Fun, expert led CME: Learn from world-class faculty, on topics of Wilderness Medicine taught in the evenings over Happy Hour. Allowing you to fully enjoy the days activities.
- Gourmet Food: Delicious meals prepared fresh and locally sourced by an onboard chef, including options that cater to dietary restrictions and preferences.
- Wellness & Adventure Focus: While there is plenty of time to rest and lounge on the yacht, this trip also includes options for sunrise yoga and hiking throughout the islands – active excursions that not all itineraries offer.
- Water Activities: Make the most of the aquatic paradise with optional snorkeling, kayaking, and paddle-boarding! All gear is provided.
- Earn CME and obtain your WLS:MP or WFA certification on this once-in-a-lifetime Galapagos cruise trip
- Optional post-trip extension to Machu Picchu and Peru
Earn 24.25 hrs of Wilderness Medicine CME and obtain your WLS:MP or WFA Certificate!
Dates: December 4th-11th, 2024
Price: $6,695 (based on double occupancy)
The Adventure Begins....
For a complete detailed itinerary of the trip, please download the free itinerary below.
Itinerary- Galapagos 2024
PEOPLE & PLACE
We are excited to be returning to the Galapagos in December 2024!
The Galapagos Islands are a living laboratory, where the study of evolution and natural selection began, and where visitors can still see firsthand the rare and endemic species that Charles Darwin observed during his visit to the archipelago.
After the Serengeti Migration, this is our number one wildlife trip on our planet.
Our private yacht will carry only our group of 16 which will allow you to have an intimate experience of the islands in a way that none of the other large cruise ships can match. Our ship’s itinerary will take us to nine different islands, each one unique.
We have arranged, a special, expert Galapagos naturalist to lead us throughout our cruise. Each day we will visit a different island by Zodiac and have the chance to walk among and observe closely Galapagos’s unique and fascinating wildlife. In the afternoons, you will have the chance to kayak, hike or snorkel in the pristine and clear Galapagos waters and approach nesting sea birds, large land iguanas, Galapagos Giant tortoises and snorkel with Green sea turtles, marine iguanas and curious sea lions.
December is an excellent time to visit the Galapagos as the average daytime temperature is 77 degrees and the seas are calm with very little rain. It is also an excellent time for snorkeling as the water is clear and at its warmest. The Green sea turtles are beginning to come ashore to lay their eggs, a sight not to be missed. Many of the sea birds are also beginning to nest at this time. The cuisine on our yacht is locally sourced and features the fresh seafood of the islands.
Below you will find a complete very detailed itinerary of where we go, what we do each day and what we see. Please do not hesitate to contact us with questions. We can promise you that the Galapagos will not disappoint.
Looking forward to having you on this adventure!
~The MedTreks Team
Santa Cruz Island
- Highlands of Santa Cruz: Galapagos giant tortoises can be seen in the wild in the highlands of Santa Cruz
- Charles Darwin Station: Visit the Charles Darwin Station is a research facility and National Park Information center. The Charles Darwin Station has a giant tortoise and land iguana breeding program and interpretation center.
Sombrero Chino Island / Rábida Island
- Highlights include the lagoon with flamingoes, pelican nesting site, sea lion bachelor colony, and a snorkeling site at the end of the beach.
- Isabela is the largest of the Galapagos Islands formed by five active volcanoes fused together.
- Elizabeth Bay: This spot is only accessible by dinghy. It is possible to see penguins on the small islets in the bay. The end of the bay is long and narrow surrounded by three species of mangroves. Galapagos Sea Turtles and rays can usually be seen in the water.
- Tagus Cove: Tagus Cove is a natural harbor where centuries ago whalers and pirates left their ship’s names painted or carved on the rocks. A walk uphill to Darwin’s Crater salt-water lake will provide an excellent view.
- Punta Espinoza: Punta Espinoza is a place famous for its large colonies of marine iguanas and as the habitat of unique species like the flightless cormorant, Galapagos penguin, Galapagos hawk, Galapagos snake, among others.
Visit Major Islands including Santa Cruz
The Charles Darwin Research Station
Explore the Elizabeth Bay
SUP, Snorkel & Kayak
Traveling by yacht is the most authentic way to explore the Galapagos Islands. Our yacht is the perfect size of ship in which to cruise the Galapagos. It is one of the fastest yachts in the Galapagos, reducing the time spent in inter island cruising. It is equipped with kayaks, snorkeling gear, and has an upper sun deck and importantly a covered sun deck which allows protection from the equatorial sun. After enjoying our days out on the islands, we will arrive back to our private yacht as a group and enjoy happy hour and a lovely dinner prepared by the incredible chef.
More about our Yacht
Travel in Deluxe Comfort
Embark on our very spacious and comfortable “Superior First Class” motor yacht with panoramic windows in the salon and great deck space to enjoy your vacation. Our motor yacht is a fantastic way to cruise the Galapagos Islands in speed and style.
Equipped with the most modern safety and mechanical equipment, our private accommodates 16 passengers in 8 double cabins. Each cabin has its own private bathroom equipped with hot and cold water showers.
Our yacht is fully air-conditioned, has spacious social areas with all the comforts and facilities of a superior first class motor yacht: panoramic windows in the salon / dining area, and a large sundeck for relaxing, sightseeing or sunbathing. Our professional crew will make sure to fulfill your every need during your journey making for a once in a life time Galapagos expedition.
Wilderness Medicine CME
Wilderness Medicine CME Course: Advanced Wilderness Life Support (Wilderness Life Support for the Medical Professional, WLS:MP)
This 8 day private yacht cruise in the Galapagos combines Wilderness Medicine lectures and skills with an option of certifying in Wilderness Life Support for the Medical Professional
What is the Wilderness Life Support for Medical Professionals Certification?
A certification course designed for medical professionals who love adventuring in the outdoors, traveling and/or medical volunteering in remote settings. Learn hands-on medical skills that you can take anywhere in the world. Learn more HERE
Who is this Course For?
Physicians, Physician Assistances, Nurse Practitioners, RNs, Paramedics/EMTs
Can loved ones and non-medical guests attend?
Yes! We welcome friends, family and loved ones to attend. This course is particularly set up so loved ones can attend all lectures if they choose or they can simple have an extra 1-2 hrs each evening to explore or relax on the boat.
Optional WFA for non-medical professionals:
Non-medical professionals are also invited to take the Wilderness First Aid course as part of this cruise. Our WFA course is designed to provide an individual with an introduction to wilderness medicine and the basic skills to treat the most common injuries and illnesses encountered in the wilderness. This program is appropriate for entry-level professional guides and other non-medical people who want a basic understanding of wilderness medicine.
To learn more about our courses, please click the button below.
Discover two of South America’s most iconic destinations: After disembarking your private yacht, you will be guided to a quick flight to the historic and enchanting city of Cusco, Peru – where you will begin your luxury tour through the Sacred Valley & Machu Picchu. Gourmet food, boutique and deluxe accommodations, fascinating history, rich cultural, incredible sites… Peru is an excellent post-trip extension to the Galapagos cruise!
Dates & Prices
Dates: December 4th-11th, 2024
Prices: $6,695 per person (based on double occupancy, 2 people sharing a cabin)
CME/CEU Fee: $695
- Seven nights aboard private yacht
- All meals on board
- All shore excursions
- Expert naturalist guide throughout the cruise
- Use of kayaks and snorkeling equipment
Excluded: international airfare to Ecuador, roundtrip flight from Quito-Galapagos (Cost $530, we will set up a charter flight for our whole groups), Galapagos National Park Entrance Fee of $100 (collected on a arrival in Baltra), tips to guides and ship’s crew, travel insurance
Booking the Trip:
Click on the link below book the trip. A $1,000 non-refundable deposit reserves your spot. Upon signing up you will receive a welcome package with trip information, helpful resources and a comprehensive packing list. Payment plans available.
Boutique adventures, hand-crafted with an emphasis on gourmet food, active itineraries, iconic sites and deluxe accommodations. Our extensive experience not only in the travel industry but also in the medical profession, allows us to design trips specifically catered to the needs of medical professionals. Our goal at MedTreks is to provide the healthcare community with an opportunity to enjoy medical education while on vacation – to have fun, learn, connect and recharge, while exploring incredible corners of world. To learn more about why our trips are different, please click the Why MedTreks below!
Yes! As long as the trip is booked before the final payment is due (90 days before trip start). A non-refundable deposit secures your spot on the trip.
Our CME trips are all accredited for physicians, NPs, PAs and also provide CEUs for Nurses. We provide course information for all the courses that you can submit to your employer. After the trip/course is complete, we provide you with a CME certificate within 2-4 weeks
We provide you with a comprehensive Welcome Package that includes a packing list, resources, course materials, and helpful travel tips for your upcoming adventure.
Yes! We welcome loved ones and non-medical guests. They are welcome to attend all of our workshops and lectures while on the trip at no further cost. Some of our trips are even kid-friendly, depending on the trip and age of your children. Please send us an email to inquire about this possibility.
Send us an email! We are happy to set up a call and answer any questions that you might have!