Join Our Faculty
MedTreks Trip Leader Opportunities
Share Your Knowledge, Explore the World
Welcome to MedTreks. We are a boutique adventure travel company offering expert-led courses in the topics of Global Health, Wilderness & Travel Medicine. If you are a people person who loves to teach, guide and explore the world – then you are in the right place! Please read on.
Our tours and educational experiences have been crafted over 40 years. While we have an incredible team of world-class faculty who teach and guide on our trips, we love connecting with people who share similar passions!
Interested in working with us?
We are looking for enthusiastic, warm, friendly humans who love teaching, guiding and providing exceptional service on our trips and courses. If you find yourself saying yes to all of the below, you are in the right place. We want to get to know you!!
- Are you a people person? Do you genuinely enjoy spending time, chatting and getting to know other people?
- Are you willing to make quick decisions as a group leader without letting the stress of the situation take over your duties?
- Are you able to evaluate emotional and social situations? Determining the needs of others even when they aren’t able to share what they need at that time?
- Are you ok being the first one up, ready to welcome the group and the last one to bed after making sure all loose ends from the day are tied up?
- Are you excited to grow in your profession as a guide/faculty? Are you willing to accept feedback and constructive criticism?
- Are you an opportunist? Do you accept challenges and view them as opportunities?
- Are you just as comfortable in a sleeping bag and cot on the side of a river as you are in a 5 star hotel in the Dolomites?
- Are you ready to take on the most challenging but also the most rewarding job opportunity of your life?
Yes? Great, we are glad you are here.
Why Lead with MedTreks?
- Impactful Teaching: Utilize your skills to provide invaluable wilderness medicine and global health education.
- Explore the Globe: Lead small groups to exotic locations, each with a hand-crafted itinerary designed by our team
- Networking Opportunities: Connect with like-minded professionals from various fields.
- Personal Growth: Enhance your teaching portfolio while experiencing beautiful locations, exciting adventures, and diverse cultures in incredible cultures of the world.
- Flexibility: Our trips are scheduled throughout the year, offering you the flexibility to choose when you lead.
Your Role as a Faculty Member
- Educational Leadership: Guide our participants through accredited CME modules in unique settings.
- Hands-On Experiences: Facilitate practical learning opportunities in wilderness medicine.
- Team Building: Foster a supportive and dynamic learning environment.
Who We Are Looking For
- Licensed medical professionals (MDs, PAs, NPs, RNs) with CME teaching experience (5+ years or more)
- Individuals with a strong background in wilderness medicine and global health.
- Leaders with a passion for adventure and a talent for inspiring others
- Individuals who are inclusive, friendly and welcoming
- Guides who put safety as the priority, every single time
How to Apply
Begin your journey with MedTreks by completing our online application form (below). Attach your resume and share anything you would like us to know about how you would be a good fit for our team.
After submitting your application, a member of our team will reach out to you in the next 72 hrs to discuss the next steps.
The best way for you to learn more about our company and for us to learn more about you, is to join us on one of our trips. Often this is the first step to becoming part of our team! If there is a trip or course that interests you, we encourage you to join us!